Popular Hollywood actor Paul Bettany feels disappointed after his text messages were released publicly during a libel suit of Johnny Depp that was held against the UK tabloid The Sun.
The actor stated that it was quite unpleasant and strange that his own and personal text messages became a part of the court proceeding.
According to a report published on Saturday, Bettany stated that he had a long career doing Hollywood films. He also spoke about meeting a producer once who told him of not working again. He further told him the entire process of him becoming emotional so as to cry between scenes.
During his interview at one point of time, Bettany was asked about the 2013 episode of his text exchange with his fellow actor Johnny Depp. It was regarding his ex-wife Amber Heard.
Now, these messages are proving dearly during the defamation suit of Depp against The Sun’s publisher.
When the actor was asked to throw light on this, he said it was too difficult to do that. He further stressed that answering to such queries would add more fuel to the controversy. He called the ongoing situation very strange.
This is what he said, “It was a strange moment. What was strange about it was you suddenly have one of the most scabrous newspapers in London and their lawyers pouring through your texts for the last 10 years. Can you imagine what it would be like, honestly, to have a bunch of lawyers go through every one of your emails and texts for 10 years?” the actor stated.
He further added, “All I can tell you was that it was an unpleasant feeling.” Bettany’s communications with Depp were included in the 132-page ruling on the case in 2020.
It was long back in 2013 when both Depp and Bettany had texted about Heard. Depp says in the text message that they had already burnt her among other graphic things. On the other hand Bettany took it just like a joke. He simply suggested “drowning test” to determine if “she’s a witch.
It was in November 2020 when justice Andrew Nicol had dismissed Depp’s libel claim. The decision was given after the judge came to know that it was Depp who assaulted Heard many times so that it caused a threat to Heard’s life.
The above decision of the court opened the door for other publications referring to Depp as a wife-beater to have less fear of legal retaliation.
This was the time when the judge also refused Depp to move his application to appeal his decision directly in the court. However, it was on December 9, 2020 when the actor chose to apply directly Britain’s court to reverse the earlier decision.
In March this year, the judges of both the court stated that Depp has no right to challenge the rejection made by the High Court of his libel lawsuit.
As per the decision by the court given on November 2020, Warner Bros. separated its ties with Depp and chose to replace Depp in the ‘Fantastic Beasts’ franchise.
Finally, it was in August 2021 when Depp stated that he was being boycotted by the entire Hollywood.
Also Read: Ann Dowd Joins the Star Cast of Political Thriller ‘The Independent’
Find the most interesting and recent entertainment news across the world. Bollywoodnewsflash brings you the highlights of all the trending Bollywood News. Stay calm and updated for the latest news directly from the world of entertainment.